Have Smoke and Soot Damage? SERVPRO Is Your Remedy!
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different types of smoke leave different types of soot residue after a fire.
- Wet smoke is generated by a low heat, smoldering fire such as burning plastic or rubber. Wet smoke has a pungent odor and is typically sticky and smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
- Paper and wood fires produce a dry smoke. This type of is a fire is fast burning and generates a high temperature. Heat rises therefore the smoke rises and soot residue is usually heavy on ceilings and in attics.
- A protein fire occurs from the intense burn of a protein-enriched fiber, such as eggs left unattended on a stove, or a forgotten roast in the oven. There may not be any noticeable damage, but there might be a sticky residue coating the surfaces of your home, and an extreme pungent odor.
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. Before restoration begins, we will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred and the cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting.
SERVPRO of Kos justo & Noble Counties personnel have the training, equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damaged property. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with consideration and care.
Should you have any questions or want more information regarding Fire, Smoke and Soot Damage Remediation, contact us immediately at (574) 306-4134. At SERVPRO, we work to make it “Like it never even happened.”